Ready for an opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company while building your Developer Advocate career in the rapidly growing Kubernetes ecosystem? Then come and PLOW with MayaData, the leading Container Attached Storage (CAS) solution for Kubernetes called OpenEBS.
At MayaData we believe that the best way to deliver storage and related services to containerized and cloud-native environments is with containerized and cloud-native architectures. Everything we do is focused on providing data agility and simplifying the daily operation of Kubernetes SRE's and DevOps teams using Kubernetes as a data layer. We enable our users to handle complex data management operations efficiently, and we have become open source leaders in building Kubernetes into a first-class data platform.
Location: Remote (US / Europe / India Time zones)
Building the fastest open source, block storage system in the world isn't easy. The Engineering Division at Mayadata is set out to build the next generation of highly performant, and resilient block storage software, in an open source environment.
We’re looking for deeply skilled systems engineers who can work on Linux/Windows and love to program in C and Rust, to work closely with the product and the open source community to build the Mayadata vision. You'll join a highly collaborative team working along with talented engineers focusing to be the best in Container Attached Storage.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Mayastor data engine written in Rust.
- Work with a combination of open and closed source developer tools technologies.
- Leverage SPDK, SPDK, NVMe, CSI, & Linux internals.
- Leverage your outstanding collaboration and communication skills to partner with internal teams on their direction, priorities, and guidance around Rust best practices.
- Rust programming language & Tools
- Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) and the Storage Plane Development Kit (SPDK) which are written in C
- Would love to work with technologies like NVMe, virtio and lockless algorithms
- Prior experience with debuggers, profilers, or symbol format development
- Understanding and knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems and runtime concepts
- Ability to demonstrate a growth mindset and flexibility to adapt to changing goals and priorities
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging issues
- Strong customer focus and passion for shipping commercial software
- 3+ years programming experience collaborating on software development Open Source Community.
- 3+ years programming in C, C++. Interested in Rust.
- Interested in technologies like DPDK.
- Experience of Linux, C development and integration and testing.
- Interest in working with Rust.
- Excellent knowledge of Multithreading.
- Basic knowledge in Linux/BSD/Solaris file system and or Block layer.
- Basic knowledge in Storage protocols SCSI & NVMe.
- Expertise in designing, developing software.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines with excellent overall project and product development life cycle experience and team spirit.